Exercises for brain development: a simple warm-up


Posted on Aug 21, 2022      32


How our brain works

Surely you have not been spared the myth that man uses his brain only 10%. This assumption seems fascinating, because we could become much smarter, more successful and more talented if we could activate the other 90%. But unfortunately, this is not true.

In fact, we use virtually every part of the brain, it’s just that the parts of the brain don’t work at the same time. Each department performs a specific function: vision, instincts, emotions, etc.

This myth can be shattered by thinking logically. If our brains only functioned at 10%, brain injuries would not be so dangerous. Because the damage would affect parts of the brain that had no function to begin with.

What does the quality of brain function depend on? The number of neural connections affects decision-making speed, memory, etc. The good news is that neural connections are formed all the time, throughout life.

And the other good news is that the brain can be trained. The varied and unaccustomed activities we perform contribute to the formation of neural connections. Nerve impulses between brain cells are transmitted faster and more accurately, and you already feel that your cognitive abilities increase. - you think better.

Exercises for brain development

Give your brain a workout before the day’s work, and then the tasks that seemed impossible will be easier. It is unlikely that you will learn a poem every morning to become smarter.

There are simple exercises that will help you become more productive. It’s better to do them in the morning. If you don’t have time, you can do them at any convenient time, it won’t be worse.

Besides the following, there are many other exercises for brain tone. You can do crossword puzzles, learn languages, do foot massages or solve problems from the textbook for junior high school - sometimes it’s a real puzzle!

The most important thing is to keep your curiosity and desire to try something new for as long as possible, to take the failures more easily, and to rejoice even in little things. Make friends with your inner child and your brain will feel great.

 The “awkward” hand.

Right-handed people have the left hemisphere of their brain leading (it’s usually even a little bigger), while left-handed people have the right hemisphere.

To train the “lagging” hemisphere (really, it just works differently), you can eat breakfast with your “awkward” hand. It’s cool if you not only eat but also brush your teeth, comb your hair, fumble with clasps, and even write with your nonworking hand.

Close your eyes and don’t peek

Try washing your hands with your eyes closed. Open the faucet, take the soap, wash your hands, and wipe them without peeking. You can only look at the result. Try not to be in a hurry: feel the warmth of the water, the smell of the soap, the silkiness of the foam bubbles, the softness of the towel.

Such simple actions, but how many sensations! You can even take a shower with your eyes closed.

Eat and be smart.

The kitchen is also a great place to pick your brain! Cook something new. You don’t have to kill yourself in front of the stove for two hours.

A new sauce with pasta might be perfect, especially if it’s a little spicy. Smells impress the brain, so you can cook delicious, please the family and build a new neural circuit in the brain.

Walking is good for more than just your feet

The drive home or to the store can also be an exercise for the brain if you choose an unfamiliar route. Ideally walk, taking your time, breathing in the fresh air and making “illogical” turns.

Turn the corner, walk around the house, paying attention to the little things: there’s a curious grandmother looking in the window, the cat squinting on the bench; the sparrows are having a row.

Unusual drawing

In a spare minute, arrange a super workout for the brain! Divide the sheet of paper in half, take two pencils and draw simultaneously with both hands. Circles, squares, hearts, whatever. Try to be symmetrical in your drawing.

How long? Till you get bored. Or until you draw a masterpiece. It is a hard task - both hemispheres are involved at once. But it is effective - both are also trained!


Teg:   brain 
0
0