Posted on Mar 13, 2022 277
Interesting facts about music are a great way to learn more about art. It plays an important role in the lives of many people. With the help of favorite musical compositions, a person can shape his mood, regardless of the circumstances.
So, here are the most interesting facts about music.
Interesting facts about music
- Modern research shows that our heart adapts to a particular rhythm of music.
- An interesting fact is that during sports training, music noticeably increases the physical performance of the person. Therefore, try to exercise only with your favorite music.
- According to scientists, music helps to achieve happiness. It activates the area of the brain that produces the “hormone of happiness” - dopamine.
- The rap singer “NoClue” is listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the fastest rapper in the world. He read 723 words in just 51 seconds.
- The famous composer Beethoven did not know how to multiply numbers. In addition, before he sat down to compose music, he dipped his head into cold water.
- The longest concert in human history began in 2001 in a German church. It is slated to conclude in the year 2640. If it does, it will last 639 years.
- Metallica is the only musical group to have played on every continent, including Antarctica.
- Did you know that none of the members of the Beatles knew notes?
- During his lifetime, American singer Ray Charles released over 70 albums!
- The Australian pianist Paul Wittgenstein, who lost his right hand in the war, continued to play the piano successfully with only one hand. An interesting fact is that the virtuoso could play the most hard pieces.
- According to statistics, most rock musicians die at a young age. Usually, they live about 25 years less than the average person.
- Several experts say that people associate their favorite songs with specific events that could cause them powerful emotions.
- Curiously enough, there are flowers-melodists in nature. They grow faster when music is played. Usually plants prefer the classics.
- Experiments by scientists have shown that loud music can make you want to drink more alcohol in less time.
- It turns out that the lion’s share of the profits goes to the producer, not the performer. On average, a singer makes only about $23 from the $1,000 he or she earns from selling music.
- Musicology is the science that studies the theoretical aspects of music.
- Popular pop singer Madonna has people watching over the preservation of her DNA. They carefully clean up after her, making sure no hair or particles of her skin end up in the hands of intruders.
- Did you know that the British Army used Britney Spears’ songs to scare away Somali pirates?
- Recent experiments have found that people, rabbits, cats, guinea pigs and dogs can change their blood pressure under the influence of music.
- Leo Fender, the inventor of such guitar models as the Telecaster and Stratocaster, did not know how to play the guitar.
- Japanese scientists have found out that breastfeeding mothers who listen to classical music increase the amount of milk by 20-100%, while listening to jazz and pop music decreases it by 20-50%.
- It turns out that music has a beneficial effect on cows. Animals produce more milk if they listen to relaxing melodies.