Posted on Sep 16, 2022 17
To follow fashion trends and look slimmer, some people tighten the belt too tight at the waist. This, at first glance, harmless habit has a negative impact on the work of internal organs and health.
The function of the belt in a man’s closet is to hold the pants at the waist. By tightening it tighter than accepted norms, men most often try to hide the fat pile on the abdomen and flanks.
Many girls and women also tighten the belt, trying to emphasize the waist line and make the figure slimmer. Besides the fact that it looks unaesthetic and only emphasizes the problem areas, this approach can lead to poor health.
What happens if you tighten the belt too much?
What problems can be caused by a belt that is too tight?
A feeling of discomfort and tightness are the first signs that the belt is too tight. However, the consequences for the body can be much more serious.
- The pressure of the belt on the abdomen, as well as clothes that are too tight, can provoke compression of the stomach. This leads to heartburn and acid reflux - throwing acid from the stomach into the esophagus. Because the mucosa of the esophagus has no protection against acid, this condition can cause inflammation.
- A belt that is tight below the waist puts pressure on the intestines, slowing down digestion. Abdominal pain and digestive problems signal the belt should be loosened.
- Severe tightness around the waist can lead to spinal pain and a pinched nerve. The belt increases pressure on the vertebrae and also contributes to swelling and pain in the back.
- There may be compression of blood vessels, because of which the cardiovascular system is impaired. Also worsens the outflow of lymph from the genitourinary organs, which is especially dangerous for men.
- A belt tightened above the waist causes deterioration of the respiratory system. A symptom of these disorders is a feeling of lack of air.
How to wear a belt correctly
In order for the belt not to have a negative impact on health, you need to follow some rules:
- Choose to clothe that does not squeeze the abdomen. When fastening the belt, make sure that it is possible to insert 2 fingers into the waistband of pants or skirts.
- After eating, loosen the belt slightly to facilitate digestion.
- Don’t buckle it under your stomach. This will help avoid problems with lymphatic outflow.
The right belt will not harm your health and will be a stylish addition to your image.